So here is the deal. I love eating. I like baked goods. But I am crap at baking- and I tend to use things in ways they were not intended to be used for.
So this happened 😀 I have been craving banana-bread for a while now (probably because I’ve been training like a mad-woman lately duh). So I fusioned a little bit of my quite limited patience with my questionable creativity and came up with a simple recipe including the awesome meal replacement powders by Jimmy Joy. I kindly received a big variety of their vegan assortment (PR Sample) a few weeks ago and have been using it for all sorts lately! (remember the rose and chocolate pancakes on Instagram?) It also came in handy on really loooong working days or events, when liquid food is the best Option.
Anyway- back to the relevant! Here you go- my vegan pinkish banana-bread without added (real) sugar! ♥
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup plantmilk (I used soy)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup „Plenny Shake light raspberry“ by Jimmy Joy →you can order it here.
- 1/4 cup melted coconut butter
- 1 cup erythrol
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chopped and toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 180°C
- Mash 3 of the bananas well with a fork or blender
- Combine oil and erythrol in a small bowl and whip till creamy
- Add the bananas and milk to the oil/sugar and mix well
- Sieve flour/plenny shake powder, add salt and baking powder- then add to the moist mixture.
- Mix this all well to create a thick but moist dough (it’ll be slightly pink yaaaay)
- Fold in the chopped walnuts
- Grease a longish pan, fit for the loaf-shape. also add flour to the grease if your pan is crap. This will ensure your ready banana-bread will come out of it without tears and Frustration.
- Add the ready mixture to the tin. Peel another banana (make sure it’s nice n long) and dumb it down the middle of the tin. That will give it a cool effect.
- Bake it till it’s golden brown on top and a tooth pick stuck into it comes out clean! about 40-45min will do!
I hope you like it! I guess it will work well with the other powders from Jimmy Joy too- or you use regular wholegrain four or make your own mix of flaxseeds + oatmeal+ protein powder- as you wish! I like the raspberry version, since summer/spring can’t come soon enough right?!
Let me know how yours turned out if you make it! ♥